We are very proud of our maintenance system.
It is a complex system which can't be explained in one article. This is a brief overview, please contact us for any in depth questions or for a demo.
- Tenants are never left without access to emergency maintenance services.
- Tenants have access to easy non emergency maintenance reporting tools
- Costs are kept to a minimum at the reporting stage to ensure landlord is not charged for any easy to solve issues, and that tenant always troubleshoots issues before reporting.
- Landlord is in compliance with new regulation requiring set response times to maintenance issues.
- Correspondence and responses are effective and compliant, should any dispute arise, with direct links to PRS and DPS.
- Tenants and landlords are kept up to date at all times in relation to outstanding or planned maintenance.
All tenants are told to report maintenance issues via one of the following methods:
Report via website
When tenants report an issue via our website, they are presented with troubleshooting options that are applicable to the issue that they are reporting.
For example, if a tenant reports that their boiler isn't working, they will be asked to ensure that the boiler is topped up to the correct levels, and that the meter is in credit
If the issue is an emergency then the system will detect this, and will inform the tenant of emergency contractor contact info, and emergency services contact info if necessary.
The tenants will be presented with two options:
Option 1 will be to leave a recorded message with details of the issue.
Option 2 is for emergency issues. The tenant will be informed that they must contact the emergency services should this be required. They will then be able to choose the type of emergency - gas or electric. The tenant will choose one of these options, and will be forwarded directly to our approved emergency contractor's telephone.
The tenant will receive an email with a summary of the issue, details of emergency contractor details, information on how to get updates, and a link to an online portal for messages and updates.
We will then obtain quotes, keeping you and the tenant updated at all times. We will forward any quotes to you for your consideration, and will ensure that works are carried out in a timely and cost effective fashion.
The tenant will be asked to rate the contractor and the work at the end of the job, before the job is closed. This allows us to ensure that our contractors are representing our clients and ourselves well, and also ensures that a job is not closed before the tenant has confirmed that the issue has been resolved. Once the tenant has confirmed that the issue has been resolved they will no longer be able to state to the contrary in the future.