The following house rules must be adhered to, to ensure the safety and comfort of all tenants.
You can contact us anonymously to report any issues via a dedicated online form. Please visit https://goo.gl/IlYwX8 to access this form.
Please do not use this form to contact us about any maintenance or accounts issues.
- You must keep the property clean and tidy at all times.
- All rubbish must be disposed of correctly in the correct bins outside the property.
- All tenants must work together to ensure that the bins are put out for collection every week.
- Ensure that all surfaces are cleaned when you are finished using them.
- Ensure that all appliances are cleaned when you are finished using them.
- Remove any old food or drink from the fridge and freezer.
- Dispose of any food waste appropriately in a closed bag.
- Do not leave personal items in the public space.
- Do not use common allergens unless you are sure that all tenants do not have sensitivities to any of them. This includes peanuts, sesame, soya.
- Please be sensitive to other tenants’ dietary requirements.
- Do not leave personal items in communal areas.
- Do not smoke inside the property.
- Please take any post addressed to you as soon as you are aware of it.
- Please keep any personal hygiene items or care products in your own room.
- Please ensure that the shower is used correctly and only inside the the bathtub or shower enclosure to avoid water going onto the floor.
- Please dry any water on the floor immediately to avoid leaks to the rooms below.
- Please be considerate of other people and clean the toilet after use.
- Please ensure that your bedroom is kept clean and tidy.
- Ensure that the front and rear doors are kept locked at all times.
- Ensure that any windows are kept locked when you are not in the property during daytime.
- Ensure that any windows which are accessible from outside the property are kept locked during nighttime.
- You may not give keys to the house or your room to anybody else.
- You may not allow anybody who is not known to you to be safe, onto the premises.
- Always leave the property immediately when the fire alarm rings. Do not stop to gather any possessions or to help anybody.
- Call 999 after leaving the property to inform the fire department of the fire.
- Never leave anything in the communal areas. Small items can become a serious hazard in the case of an emergency evacuation if there is a fire.
- Never use any portable appliances which have not been tested by Rent North East.
- Never use candles or any other exposed flames.
- Do not use any non British issue plugs in the sockets.
- Never insert anything into any sockets to allow a non British issue plug to fit into the socket.
- Never tamper with the fire alarm panel
- Never reset the fire alarm panel
In properties for which Rent North East or a landlord pays the utilities, a fair usage policy applies. Any usage in excess of what can reasonably be expected, as adjudicated by a third party supplier, will be charged to tenants.
Consideration for other occupants of the property:
Living in a shared property requires an extra amount of care and sensitivity to the people around you.
Please be aware of other people’s needs and wishes, and ensure that you treat the other tenants with respect.
In the very broadest sense, please ensure that noise levels are kept to a minimum after 10:00PM, and that noise is kept to a reasonable level during normal waking hours. Please do not smoke inside the property, and please be considerate of other people when using communal facilities.
Contact Rent North East:
Call: 0191 303 7778